Sunday, September 9, 2007

Soft Journal


This Soft Journal, which I found at the Marcus Fabrics website, would make a very thoughtful handmade gift for someone who enjoys sketching or drawing, and with a bit of adaptation it would even work as an hand-embroidery practice book.

You will need some fusible interfacing and light colored fabrics to make the pages, and I chose to use some orphan blocks and muslin to make the cover. This is a fast gift to make, an incredibly versatile. It can be as complex as you choose. And just about any size and dimension too!
(The Marcus Fabrics site has additional direction available for more complex journals, as well as dozens of other projects and quilt patterns.)
This is the project for Week 11 of Thrifty Gift Maker chat hour, at #QuiltChat, hosted by myself on Sunday @ 7 pm & Monday @ 10 am EST. All are welcome to join the chat.

3 comments:

Jeanette Nord said...

Hi Sarah!
I took your challenge and made a few inchies... As you said - it`s not easy! Wrote a piece about it ( and left you a message) in my blog. Welcome to take a look!

Take care!
Jeanette

Desi said...

No kidding? Are the pages actually fabric?

Yours looks terrific!

Tanya Brown said...

Hi Sarah;

Thank you for stopping by my blog. Your printing off blog posts for the friend who was in the hospital was brilliant in so many ways. I could imagine that one could get quite lonely there and the hours could grow very tedious.

I hope you have a lovely time at the quilting retreat!