Sunday, March 1, 2009

Raffle quilt progress

I have been sewing a bit-
Not at home of course, as that would require I clean up all the computer detritus and innards strewn about the former sewing space.
No, I sew On the Go!

This weekend I took my bits and pieces and sewing machine up for my monthly (sometimes only time each month) sewing day with the other ladies of WASIQ (Washington State Internet Quilters) (and yes, there may be men in the 300+ membership, but I haven't met any) and we sewed and ate and sewed and gossiped and sewed all day Saturday.

I am glad I got the majority of the top completed. I even pieced a house to add some more hominess!
Now I just need to trim down the side and add borders now and I will be ready to add borders. I am thinking two borders. Solid borders- not pieced. This may change of course, as I originally thought little pieced border would be very charming!

But the plan as it is now...
First will be a thin-ish border of the with with blue. Then a thicker border of the green with dots. Then I think the dark blue with stars makes the best binding.

I may actually get this finished before the March meeting where we are supposed to be raffling it off! One step at a time though... I still need to cut those border and apply them. Then quilting of course.

No comments: