Monday, October 27, 2008

Acquisition Management



Look what I won!
A lovely bag of fat quarters :)
Of course, this was way back in September. during my little trip up north to joined my friends at the quilt retreat east of Vancouver BC. I won Bingo. (Which means that I am calling bingo next year lol)
Here is a link to my retreat post from last year.

Look at the yummy Christmassy fabrics and batiks. There are even a couple butterfly fabs... I am not sure what they will go into, but I love them.

Winning is fun :)






When I returned home, I was delighted to find my name had been added to a mailing list. Not something you hear very often, I know. But really! I got my first weaver's catalog- full of all these fibers and tools. Yarn Barn of Kansas- really neat stuff.
Here is the site: http://www.yarnbarn-ks.com/ and I am sure they would add your name if you asked :)




Another fun thing I recently added to my life:
another book. (Please see alternate blog for more information re Sarah & Books.)

One of the many groups I belong to is the Olympia Weaver's Guild. This is a fabulous group of amazing weavers, spinners, dyers, and fiber people.
And we have really excellent speakers. The October presentation was by Larkin Van Horn, who is an art quilter and bead artist. And author! And I just couldn't pass up her book- for bead artists, it is just stunning. If you ever have a chance to see her quilts in person, take it.
To see her work, visit her site: http://www.larkinart.com/

5 comments:

Tanya Brown said...

Oh, wow. This is quite a lot of bounty!

For some reason I'm remembering Scrooge McDuck from childhood comic books, frolicking in his money bin. Frolicking in those fat quarters could be fun.

Ruth's Place said...

Ohh, congrats on the win!! That is very cool.

Sweet P said...

What wonderful goodies. I bought the Beading on Fabric book. Isn't it a great book? I haven't had time to work on any projects with beads, but I can't wait to get started.

Rachel said...

That is a great haul that you got from your retreat! I live close to the Yarn Barn and it really is a neat shop. If you ever have a chance to stop there you should.

Unknown said...

Wow, lucky you.