Friday, September 26, 2014

Prepping for October

I am a regular user of Weavolution and the annual HalloWeave challenges are getting set to start at the beginning of October. As I don't have school, or regular work, I am feeling all ready to jump into the deep end. Per normal, right?

I have joined one group which is all about daily weaving- doing something & being accountable. I have high hopes for this one as I have a decently long list of projects which have been languishing.

And then what did I do? Yep- I decided to create another group. This one is about three-dimensional sculpture. I just posted it, so I am now all a-twitter thinking about what I might want to make for this group. Here is a link to the page of the group I just created, Mad Scientists.

In actual work, I have pulled out my rigid heddle loom to make some placemats. There is a bit of rusty orange rug warp on it from a project I didn't like. I will continue to use that and just add more of it, plus black. I am going to do rep weave and the weft will be black, as I just don't think I can get the sett of the warp close enough for lighter colored to work well. I should have some progress to report on that front soon!


No comments: