My annual post, apparently: August 2014.
Not much new in the fibery world I live in. Last year was my final year at Evergreen and I got into a fantastic program studying Ireland, culminating with a 2 month stay in Ireland. I am not sure that I have quite digested all of that yet. I did buy a few fibery things: woven blanket, knit sweater, a bunch of Brigid's Crosses, some cones of yarn ends and some knitting stuff. I learned to knit a bit more. And then I got back and had to face the real world, with demands of husband and family and just time to stop and think. So I reorganized my work space!
This is the current iteration:
- The triangle loom is finally approaching finished- less than 50 pegs left to go. And I have a plan for getting it finished in the next week. Amazing. I will miss that massive loom when I return it. But at least I will be able to get to all the stuff I have stashed behind it. And then I can start on the massive list of my to-do.
- I still have my little 4 shaft Bergman CM upstairs, and it still has the blue/black overshot to be finished to recover a stool.
- My 8-shaft Harrisville jack loom still has the sampling from the conference in Bellingham last year, as does the rigid heddle loom.
- My mother in law in Montana. gave me a small 2-shaft table loom, a bit stouter and bigger than a Brio. It needs a bit of work, as it was in a dirt basement. I also got a small tapestry loom. I need to make a floor stand for it, but as soon as the triangle loom comes down, it is getting warped and used!
- The quilting stuff will soon have it's own storage and access. I have all the parts to the knitting machine. I have space to see all my stuff. The big storage wall is expandable, as it is an IKEA Stolmen system, so I could add to it if that seems necessary.
- I have a list, I have some goals, I am weaving some most days, and I may actually start using all the machinery and fibers I have accumulated. But even if I have to postpone due to other events in my life, it is well organized and not scattered about all over the place.
- When the guild starts up again, I plan on starting basketry.
1 hour ago